Table of Contents Hide
Microsoft’s next operating system, the Windows 11, is expected to introduce a whole range of new features to its users, but the most notable changes will be in the aesthetics of the operating system. Microsoft has been working to make the operating system more intuitive for users, and it has been doing so by introducing “universal windows” that will allow the operating system to be used on different devices..
Microsoft’s Windows OEM operating system has been in use for more than 30 years, and is among the most widely used operating systems on earth. It’s not unreasonable to suggest that you have an excellent knowledge of Windows, but that’s not to say you don’t need to brush up your skills. Microsoft has recently announced that Windows 10 is on the verge of surpassing Windows XP as the most widely installed operating system in the world, and you can read more about that here .
Every few years, a new version of Windows surfaces on the scene. Windows 10 is currently a hot topic, and with good reason. Not only does it have a host of cool features, but it is also a very stable OS, and a good learning tool.
Microsoft has officially unveiled the next generation of Windows, called Windows 11. Windows was first leaked a few weeks ago, and now Microsoft has officially unveiled it to the public. Microsoft unveiled Windows 11 at the What’s Next for Windows event.
Windows 11 has undergone a major overhaul with a new design that includes a centered taskbar and instant layouts. With an emphasis on performance and security, the company claims that Windows 11 is the most secure Windows operating system ever.
The active tiles are gone from Windows 11, replaced by a grid of icons that can be pinned to the new centered Start menu. Last week, a new widget feature was announced with a calendar, weather and other widgets. The new operating system has an updated system tray with split notifications and a redesigned user interface for quick actions.
Photo credits: Microsoft
Panos Panay, product manager at Microsoft, unveiled Windows 11 at yesterday’s event. Panay played on the nostalgia of old houses. He said:
Windows is more than just an operating system, it’s a fabric woven into our lives and work. It is the place where we connect with people, learn, work and play. Over time it became familiar and adapted to us. We hope you’re as excited about Windows 11 as we are.
Here are some of the key features and changes in Windows 11.
- Centering the taskbar and start menu.
- The taskbar is fixed at the bottom and cannot be moved to another place.
- Improved design of the file explorer.
- OS has smooth transitions, new animations and rounded corners.
- The new Microsoft Store, which will also launch for Windows 10.
- Android applications are finally here!
- The company claims that Windows 11 was made for games: DirectX 12 Ultimate, Direct Storage and Auto HDR are displayed.
- Xbox Game Pass is built into the operating system.
- A new chat application based on Microsoft Teams.
- Teams is integrated in the Windows 11 taskbar.
- Layout of the bindery : Windows 11 lets you quickly switch between applications in different modes.
- Gadgets take the lead.
- Improved touch gestures for more comfortable 2-in-1 operation.
- Quick actions are now quick settings.
- A new and unconventional experience
Photo credits: Microsoft
Microsoft also announced that Windows 11 will be released this fall and will be offered as a free upgrade for eligible Windows 10 machines. Together with its OEM partners, Microsoft plans to bring the operating system to market by purchasing new hardware during the upcoming holiday season.
System requirements for Windows 11
Microsoft has also announced the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. It will be the first in the history of Windows to support only 64-bit devices. Below are the minimum system requirements for Windows 11.
- Processor: Dual 64-bit core (or higher)
- 1 GHz or higher
- Hard disk of 64 GB or more (up to 32 GB for Windows 10)
- 4 GB RAM or more
- System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Monitor 9 or higher, 8 bits per color channel
- High resolution (720p)
- DirectX 12 / WDDM 2.x compatible graphics
- Possibility to connect to the internet
- For initial use, a Microsoft account is required to complete the configuration.
Of all the system requirements, the most confusing is the Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Trusted Platform Module or TPM is a security control that is absolutely included in the latest version of Windows 11. Microsoft recommends that systems with TPM 2.0 be ready for Windows 11, but systems with TPM 1.2 will also be supported.
Windows has published the lists of AMD and Intel processors that will be compatible with Windows 11. We have listed them below. Detailed lists of processor models can be found here for AMD and here for Intel.
AMD processors compatible with Windows 11
- AMD Ryzen 2000 (Pinnacle Ridge)
- AMD Ryzen 3000 (Matisse)
- AMD Ryzen 3000 (Picasso)
- AMD Ryzen 4000 (Renoir)
- AMD Ryzen 5000 (Vermeer)
- AMD Ryzen 5000 (Cezanne)
- AMD Ryzen 5000 (Lucienne)
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2000
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3000
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3000
- AMD EPYC 2. Gene (Rome)
- AMD EPYC 3. Generation (Milan)
Intel processors compatible with Windows 11
- Intel 8. Generation (Coffee Lake)
- Intel 9. Generation (Coffee Lake Refresh)
- Intel 10. Generation (Comet Lake)
- Intel 10. Generation (Ice Lake)
- Intel 11. Generation (Rocket Lake)
- Intel 11. Generation (Tiger Lake)
- Intel Xeon Skylake-SP
- Intel Xeon Cascade Lake-SP
- Intel Xeon Cooper Lake-SP
- Intel Xeon Ice Lake-SP
To check if your computer is compatible with Windows 11, you can use the Windows PC Health Check program. It can be downloaded by clicking here. Windows 11 will be released via preview versions to Insiders in the Dev channel starting next week. We’ll have to wait and see what the public thinks of the latest version of Windows.Today, Microsoft released its latest operating system, Windows 10. It’s the first version of Windows to be released after the company completed its transition to the Universal Windows Platform, which effectively means that Windows 10 is the same as Windows 8. The UWP is a revolutionary new feature that allows developers to create apps using a single code base and, at the same time, have their apps run across all the different Windows devices. This is a big step forward for Microsoft and will provide a more unified look and feel across all Windows devices.. Read more about windows 11 price and let us know what you think.
Read more about windows 11 system requirements and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the features of Windows 11?
-Windows 11 has a new look and feel -The Start menu is back -Windows 11 has a new browser called Microsoft Edge -Windows 11 has a new search bar -Windows 11 has a new calculator -Windows 11 has a new Paint app -Windows 11 has a new Edge browser -Windows 11 has a new calculator -Windows 11 has a new Paint app -Windows 11 has a new Edge browser -Windows 11 has a new search bar
Will I get Windows 11 for free?
No. Windows 10 is the last Windows version that will be free.
Do we have to buy Windows 11?
No, you can use Linux or Mac OS X. What are the hardware requirements? A computer with at least 2GB of RAM, a 2.4GHz or faster processor, and a 1GB graphics card. What are the system requirements? Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
Feedback,windows 11 system requirementswindows 11 new featureswindows 11 release datewindows 10windows 11 betawindows 11 price,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Windows 10,Operating system,windows 11 system requirements,windows 11 new features,windows 11 release date,windows 11 beta,windows 11 price,windows 11 reddit,windows 11 laptop