Table of Contents Hide
CS:GO turned out to be an extremely successful game project that has become very popular. It captivated millions of players around the world so much that even today, ten years after the release of the game, Google is still full with queries such as “How to get cases for free”, “What sites should I use to easily win skins”, “Where can I buy the best M4A4 skin at the best price (just between us, you can do it here), and, of course, “How to bunny hop”!
Bunny hop helps to move quickly in the game, dodge the enemy’s weapon, or even get to those places that are either impossible or very difficult to get to.
Here, we want to tell you what Bunny Hop really is, where it came from, and how to learn this technique in CS:GO.
What is Bunny Hop in CS:GO?
Bunny hopping is a way to successively jump from side to side, which allows you to accelerate while moving. The trick is based on the “Strafe Jump” technique, which helps the character move smoother and faster than with a normal knife run.
By mastering the bunny hop skill and being able to predict the enemy’s strategy, you can effectively dodge bullets, increase stamina, get to cases or strategic objects faster, set up an ambush and get some extra points for the team!
Where do Bunny Hops Originate From?
The technique comes from the first “Quake”. The thing is that the physics of the game was not working perfectly, and since the characters were quite vulnerable, players quickly learned to make some manipulations when jumping to exceed the speed limit of movement.
As a result, this feature allowed to greatly diversify the gameplay, and many FPS developers subsequently began to add this feature to the game.
Benefits of Bunny Hopping in CS:GO
- Players who are fluent in Bunnyhop can easily break the timings of their opponents, and, as you know, timing is the main parameter in CS:GO. That is, you can quickly get to one position or another much faster than your opponent.
- When you do bunny hop flawlessly, the sound of jumping is almost inaudible, so this is another very important advantage because the enemy is unlikely to hear you.
- The bunny hop allows you to quickly slip away from your opponent when your hp is low; you have a little time and want to quickly save.
- When you’re using bunny hop, you’re harder to hit — especially if you’re using a combination of movements.
- It’s quite interesting that a bunnyhop can help you out when picking up someone’s device. To avoid the trap of an enemy sniper, jump out sharply, pick up a thing you need and get away with it!
How do you Practice Bunny Hopping?
To begin with, you will have to slightly change your usual bind and assign the jump to the mouse wheel instead of the space key. Bunny hoppers do this trick in almost every game: with the mouse wheel, it’s much easier to guess the moment for the perfect timing of the jump click.
In CS:GO, you can do it using the following console commands (you can choose any of these options):
- “bind mwheelup + jump” (the jump will be assigned to scroll up);
- “bind mwheeldown + jump” (here, on the contrary, the jump will be assigned to scroll down).
After that, you need to do the following manipulations right in the game:
- go forward using the “W” key until you reach the maximum speed;
- after gaining speed, immediately jump and release the “W” key;
- while jumping, slowly move the mouse to the right side of the screen and, at the same time, hold down the “D” key;
- at the moment of landing, stop moving the mouse to the right and stop pressing the “D” key and immediately jump again using the mouse wheel;
- Repeat the operation while jumping, but now gently move the mouse to the left and press “A”.
How to Enable Auto Bunny Hopping in CS:GO Through the Console?
You can turn on Automatic Bhop by entering a specific key combination in the console. Before enabling Bhop in CS:GO, enter the following script: “sv_cheats 1”. It activates the use of cheats. Next, you need to enter the commands:
- enabling bunnyhopping: sv_enablebunnyhopping 1;
- hopping while spacebar is pressed: sv_autobunnyhopping 1;
- setting movement speed: sv_maxspeed 1000;
- stamina retention: sv_staminalandcost 0 or sv_staminajumpcost 0.