Table of Contents Hide
- Related articles
- The Most Anticipated Epic Games for Mac Users
- MacOS Gaming On Highest Performance: How to Play Games Like A Pro
- Where to Begin an Essay About Games?
At first glance, it seems like every gamer’s dream has come true — you finally have to write about what you love most. However, many students face the problem of writing an essay about gaming because it is not so easy to work on academic assignments, even about your favorite activities.
Our article will tell you about all the stages of creating an essay. We will offer your step-by-step instruction on creating a perfect paper. Who knows, maybe you’ll get so proficient at it that you’ll be able to Write Essays for Money.
Where to Begin an Essay About Games?
Writing an essay about games differs solely in its subject matter. As with any other academic paper, you must decide on the topic you will be discussing. It can be your favorite game and how you can use it to develop certain skills. You can also talk about how games affect teenagers’ psyche and emotional development. If you like playing The Witcher, you could talk about how the game connects to the book and how the story is revealed through gameplay.
The main thing is to come up with a topic that you will be interested in writing about, and the disclosure of which will have some academic relevance. Before approving a topic of your choice with your teacher, we suggest doing a little research and making sure you can find enough material to write about.
You can search for scholarly papers or articles on similar topics and gather reliable sources that you can then use in your work. Don’t skip this step so that you don’t have to change the topic or rewrite the whole essay all over again later.
Recommended Structure and Outline of an Essay
The essay on gaming has the following structure (the number of theses and arguments depends on the topics, the chosen plan, and the logic of the development of the thought):
● Introduction — one paragraph
● Use catches to attract attention, such as a quote, a verse, a quote, an uncommon fact, an idea, or a funny story.
● There is no need to state the main idea in the first sentence.
● Do not use phrases such as “This is about …” or “I’m going to talk about ..
● Main body — 2-3 paragraphs.
● Express your thoughts clearly.
● Back up the main ideas with facts, insights, ideas, vivid descriptions, quotes, or other information or materials that intrigue and entice the reader.
● Use reference material to eliminate tautology.
● Conclusion — one paragraph.
● Restate your thesis and don’t present new facts.
Selection of Material
As soon as the topic is clear and the problem is formulated, you need to spend time collecting material (books, articles, online resources) and its analysis. It is useful to write down everything you may need in a free form: concepts, contradictions, associations, quotations, aphorisms, examples, theses, thoughts, arguments, names, events, i.e., write down everything that seems necessary, interesting, what concerns the topic.
Evidence is important in your work. They come in two types – qualitative and quantitative. In the first case, the thesis must be supported by two or three significant and important arguments. In the second case, the thesis is supported by several different examples, in which case the written proof will be universal.
A well-written argument requires a variety of rhetorical devices. It is recommended to use antitheses, repetition, and rhetorical questions. In any case, using such tools will significantly increase the impact on the reader, but it is necessary to use them reasonably and correctly.
What to Pay Attention to When Writing an Essay About Games
● The introduction and the conclusion should focus attention on the problem (an introduction states the problem and a conclusion summarizes the author’s opinion).
● It is necessary to separate paragraphs and establish the logical connection between the author’s opinion and the problem. You must have a logical connection between paragraphs (thus achieving the integrity of the work).
● Style of the work: emotionality, expressiveness, artistry.
● Make sure you compiled a reference list and used the required citing style.
What to Consider When Proofreading?
After you have written the text, it is important to review and revise it. The end result should be completely in accordance with academic writing standards. Be sure that the text is coherent and clear and that you have enough time for your assignment to be corrected.
We recommend putting your essay aside for a couple of hours or even a day before proofreading it. This way, you will distract yourself from your work and review it with a clear eye. Reading aloud helps to check if it’s easy to comprehend the information and if the sentences are not too long. You can use various online tools to check your work for grammar and spelling mistakes. You can also ask a friend to proofread it for you and ask their opinion. If case you have to review your paper right away, you can read from the end word by word. This technique helps to concentrate on the correct usage of words and grammar instead of focusing on the content.
What Questions Should you Check While Reading The Text?
● Did you manage to express your idea?
● Does your text fit the framework?
● Are the key points presented in a logical order?
● Do facts support your arguments?
● Does the introduction fit the content of the paper?
● Is the text in line with academic standards? Is it explicit, objective, and formal?
● Are all sources correctly cited and included in the list of references?
● Does your text meet the requirements for formal aspects such as length, space, and title page?
● Check your paragraphs, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Writing an essay on gaming can be fun. You can finally combine two opposite things together — education and playing games — and turn them into something fascinating and intriguing. The most important thing is not to get distracted by your computer and resist the temptation of playing a game.