Table of Contents Hide
The unstoppable emergence of esports has proven that this field is here to stay. Since its first emergence, it has only expanded, and an enormous amount of gamers have joined the field. And as in any other popular sport, betting follows. Here you can get an impression of the unstoppable future of Esports betting.
The esports industry has evolved and expanded widely in its relatively short lifetime. And it has attracted a lot of dedicated fans. Even though there is a wide range of different games in the field of Esport, there is a community around the general activity. And most gamers are interested and active in more than one game and can quickly shift from one to another. With overwhelming success, it is natural that the industry of betting has spread to this area of gaming. People are even investing in esports. And just like esport in itself, betting on it has quickly gained popularity.
Betting on Esports
Betting has been a part of our sports traditions for a long time. It actually has roots all the way back to ancient history. The activity of placing bets on a game or a match has excited us for a long time. So, it is only natural that betting is emerging in a field such as esports. However, there are plenty of different games in esports, and betting on esports can be engaging in many different types of games.
If you are a great Counter-Strike fan and mostly engage in this specific game, you will probably be on the lookout for CSGOEmpire codes, as these are specifically linked to Counter Strike. And if you are fully taken by leagues of legends, you would want to find codes fitted for exactly this game. The codes can give you an advantage as it gives you a free case and bonuses. It is good to be aware of which game you want to put your energy into.
When Betting on Esports
When gamers bet on esports, they exchange virtual goods, which are often coined as skins. This is why esports betting is also referred to as skin betting and skin gambling. Skins are so-called in-game items and have a specific value. As in other betting and gambling situations, you place a bet on a specific game or match. It is often done while the game is live and running, and you can bet more or less depending on how it plays out.
And as in any other gambling and betting, if your bet was accurate, you get to take your money – in this case, skins – back. And you will get the opponent’s bets as well. If you lose, you lose what you have placed. So, generally, it works like most other types of gambling and betting, besides the fact that the values you place in your bet take a different form than regular money. They have their own value system, and their value is dependent on the game.
Who Are The Esports Bettors?
Most people engaged in esports are men, and not surprisingly, most people engaging in betting on esports are men. Actually, 95% of esports bettors are men, and only the remaining 5% are women. It is a male dominated area, but in general, men are more likely to bet as they are more likely to take a risk.
The most dominant ages in the field are 23-25 years old. This age group fills up 75% of all esports bettors. The general esport bettor is a young male, and probably one who is already into gaming.